The TMPV7602XBG, a new addition to the Visconti™4 (TMPV760) Series, is specifically designed for front-view monitoring applications of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) using a monocular camera. The new processor consumes less power and is housed in a smaller package than its predecessor while maintaining the outstanding nighttime object recognition performance of the Visconti4 (TMPV760) Series. This has been made possible by reducing the number of video input channels to one in accordance with the application requirement and by optimizing the circuit configuration. The 521-pin BGA package of the TMPV7602XBG measures only 17.0 mm × 17.0 mm and has a ball pitch of 0.65 mm. Thus, the TMPV7602XBG helps reduce the heat dissipation and the size of a camera module.
The TMPV7602XBG provides an excellent image recognition performance equivalent to that of the Visconti4 Series. In order to achieve accurate image recognition even at nighttime and at scenes with minimal luminance differences between objects and the background, the integrated Enhanced CoHOG accelerator combines CoHOG (Co-occurrence Histograms of Oriented Gradients) with four other types of feature descriptors: color-based CoHOG, Co-occurrence Histograms of Pairs of Edge Orientations and Color Differences (CoHED), Co-occurrence Histograms of Color Differences (CoHD), and Color Histograms.
In order to help reduce the size of a monocular camera module for ADAS, the TMPV7602XBG is housed in a small 521-pin, 0.65-mm-pitch BGA package measuring only 17.0 mm × 17.0 mm. Its circuit configuration has been optimized with a single video input interface to achieve a small form factor. The design target for the power consumption of the TMPV7602XBG is 50%* that of the existing TMPV7608XBG. Additionally, the TMPV7602XBG incorporates a new power management unit, which can separately bring individual functional units into and out of standby mode.
* The TMPV7602XBG is still under development and its power consumption currently being measured.
* The video input interface of the TMPV7602XBG has a 1-of-2 video switch.
Example of the basic system configuration for the TMPV7602XBG
|Series Name / Product Name||Visconti4 / TMPV7602XBG [Under development]|
|CPUs||Toshiba original 32-bit RISC
Media embedded Processor (MeP) x 2 sets
|Image Processing Engines||Toshiba original 32-bit RISC Media Processing Engine
Media Processing Engine (MPE) with Double-precision
FPU x 4 sets with 256 KB L2 cache
|Image Processing Accelerators||Affine Transformation||2 ch (Lens Undistortion, Affine Transformation, Viewpoint Conversion, etc.)|
|Filter||2 ch (Smoothing, Edge Detection, Corner Detection, Oriented Gradient Computation, Color Space Conversion, Demosaicing, etc.)|
|Histogram||2 ch (Histogram, Image Conversion using LUT, etc.)|
|Histogram of Oriented Gradients(HOG)||2 ch (HOG/CoHOG Features + Linear Support Vector Machine)|
|Enhanced CoHOG||1 ch (HOG/CoHOG/Color-CoHOG Features etc. + Linear Support Vector Machine)|
|Matching||2 ch (Tracking, Motion Detection)|
|Pyramid||2 ch (Pyramid Image Generation)|
|On-chip Memories||Masked ROM||80 KBytes|
|On-chip Peripherals||Video Input Interface||Up to 2 ch (CMOS I/F: Up to 1 ch / max. SXGA, 60fps | MIPI® CSI-2 I/F: Up to 1ch / max. 1080p, 60fps) with Video Switch (2-input to 1-select)|
|Video Output Interface||Up to 1 ch|
|External Memory Controllers||DDR SDRAM Controller(LPDDR2-800)|
|Serial NOR Memory Controller (Single or Quad SPI)|
|Parallel SRAM / NOR Memory Controller|
|External MCU Interface||1 ch (8-bit bidirectional parallel input/output)|
|CAN FD Controllers||Up to 2 ch|
|CAN Controllers||Up to 2 ch|
|I2C Interface||Up to 4 ch|
|UART Interface||Up to 5 ch (1ch for debug use only)|
|SPI Interface||Up to 4 ch|
|PCM Interface||Up to 2 ch|
|Operating Frequency||266.7 MHz max.|
|Operating Voltage||Core: 1.1 V,
I/O: 3.3 V, 1.2 V (for LPDDR2 SDRAM), 1.2V (MIPI® CSI-2 I/F)
|Package||P-LFBGA 521-ball, 17.0 x 17.0 mm, 0.65 mm ball pitch|
* Visconti is a trademark of Toshiba Corporation.
* MIPI is a registered trademark owned by the MIPI Alliance.
* Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
* Red Hat and Enterprise Linux are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
* HDMI is a trademark or registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or other countries.
* MediaLB and MOST are registered trademarks of Microchip Technology Inc. in the United States and other countries.
* ARM and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere.
* System and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of respective companies or organizations.