For automotive audio systems, there is increasing consumer demand for the ability to play back music stored in digital audio players, cell phones and smartphones and to support Bluetooth connectivity. Toshiba offers ICs that meet these market needs.
The TC94A92FG and TC94A93MFG audio playback processors support both CD and compressed audio formats. The TC94A93MFG contains a 16-Mbit DRAM in a system-in-package (SiP) to provide shockproof capability necessary for car audio applications. The TC94A92FG and TC94A93MFG are pin-compatible and interchangeable with each other. This makes it possible to use the same pc board to create CD/MP3 players with and without shockproof capability. Additionally, the TC94A92FG and TC94A93MFG can take audio bit streams from USB memory sticks and portable music players like iPod. These CD/MP3 processors can be configured to support a variety of media according to your product specification.
The TC94B16FG is a single-chip digital servo processor with an RF amplifier for CD player applications.
The TMPM32BC2DFG and TMPM32DC2DFG provide not only various functions for audio control that are also found in conventional MCUs, but also Bluetooth audio and hands-free phone calling capabilities when combined with the Bluetooth Host Controller Interface (HCI) IC. The integrated DSP performs various high-workload signal processing and reduces the CPU workload.
The TMPM32EC1EFG and TMPM32FC1EFG microcontrollers incorporate a system controller and a digital signal processor (DSP) for decoding compressed audio, which are independent of each other to achieve real-time processing.
* ARM and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere.
* Bluetooth is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such trademarks by Toshiba is under license.
* WMA (Windows Media Audio) and Windows Media are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other countries.
* iPod, iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries.
* System and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of respective companies or organizations.