Brightcove may use the collected data to block viewers from a specific region, e.g. if we want to target videos to users from a specific country. Brightcove aggregates and anonymizes the collected data to perform analytics and generate statistics about the video performance and video audience and provides us with such aggregated data. We use these reports and statistics to evaluate the performance of our videos and to improve the contents and placement of our videos.
The data collected by Brightcove includes your IP address, device data (e.g. your device ID, device type, device manufacturer), system data (e.g. your browser, operating system, screen resolution, preferred language), your location and your clickpath (e.g. referring domain, destination domain, destination path and geolocation data). Your data will be tracked via multiple devices (such as your smartphone, computer or tablet). In addition, the following information may also be collected by Brightcove: viewer name, address, email address, title and industry. This information is, however, collected only if you use certain features that are intended to collect such information. We would like to stress that we only receive aggregated information, such as player loads, play rates, number of views, viewed minutes, percentage of viewed content, new viewers, unique viewers, attention span, top domains, geography, traffic sources and search terms. This information is not connected to individual viewers.
The data collected by Brightcove will be stored by Brightcove on servers in various countries, including countries located outside the European Union/ European Economic Area like the U.S.A. To ensure the protection of your data, Brightcove is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. You can download the certificate here:
We would like to point out that, as the provider of the Site, we do not have precise knowledge about the way how Brightcove uses the data collected. As far as we are informed the data obtained by Brightcove is used by Brightcove for the following purposes:
- to provide and personalize services and support to Brightcove’s customers;
- to provide Brightcove’s customers with analytical data and reports concerning the video viewing activities on their websites;
- for Brightcove’s internal business purposes, such as data analysis, benchmarking, audits, developing new products, enhancing services, facilitating product, software and applications development, conducting research, analysis, studies or surveys and identifying usage trends;
- to protect the security and integrity of Brightcove’s services, the video content and data and Brightcove’s business.
As far as we are informed Brightcove may share, disclose and transfer information, including personal information as follows:
- with third parties where the viewer or we have requested to use a third-party service (including applications) in connection with Brightcove’s services;
- with third parties for marketing, advertising, promotions, contests or other similar purposes. If required by applicable law, Brightcove will share such data for advertising and marketing purposes only in an aggregate, anonymous and de-identified manner.
We were informed that the data collected by Brigthcove is stored by Brigthcove for a period of one month. TEE will delete the received data as soon as it is no longer needed for our recording purposes.
The legal basis for the use of Brightcove Audience is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR or it is in our legitimate interest (Art. 6 para. 1 lit f GDPR). We obtain your consent via the cookie banner on our Site. Regarding our legitimate interest your interest in the protection of your personal data is sufficiently taken into account as we only receive anonymized and aggregated data.