January 13, 2021
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
- Based on Arm® Cortex®-M core with integrated large capacity flash memory
TOKYO—Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation ("Toshiba") introduces five groups of new microcontrollers, which belong to the TXZ+™ family. The M4K, M4M, M4G, and M4N groups are based on the Arm Cortex-M4 core, and the M3H group is based on the Arm Cortex-M3 core. All groups offer low power consumption, suitable for a wide variety of applications such as motor control, connected IoT devices, leading-edge sensing functionalities, etc.
Engineering samples will start to ship in the fourth quarter of FY2020 (January to March 2021) and mass production will start in the second quarter of FY2021 (July to September 2021). Associated documentation, development tools and sample software will also be provided.
The advanced class has a maximum operating frequency of 200MHz, flash memory of max. 2MB and 12-bit analog-to-digital converters. They are equipped with application-focused peripherals such as high-efficiency motor control engines or rich connectivity interfaces.
<Arm Cortex-M4 core >
<Arm Cortex-M3 core >
* Arm and Cortex are registered trademarks of Arm limited (or its subsidiaries) in the US and/or elsewhere.
* TXZ+™ is a trademark of Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation.
* Other company names, product names, and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.