In this e-learning course, you will learn the basics of LDO regulators, operation, features.
Please choose from the video or PDF or web page. All have the same content.
Chapter1 Introduction to Low-Dropout (LDO) Regulators
- Types of voltage regulator ICs
- Advantages and disadvantages of linear regulators and switching regulators
- What is an LDO regulator?
- Need of LDO regulators for electronic systems
- What is a linear regulator?
- Operations of linear and switching regulators
- Principle of operation of series regulators
- Circuit configuration of a series regulator
- Differences between a three-terminal voltage regulator and an LDO regulator
Chapter2 Convenient functions of LDO
- Useful functions available with LDO regulators
- Overcurrent protection operation of LDO regulators
- Thermal shutdown (TSD) operation of LDO regulators
- Inrush current reduction function of LDO regulators
- Auto discharge function of LDO regulators
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) function of LDO regulators
Chapter3 Glossary of terms used in the datasheets for LDO regulators
- Glossary of terms used in the datasheets for LDO regulators
Chapter4 Efficiency and power loss calculation for LDO
- Efficiency of LDO regulators
- Calculating the power dissipation and junction temperature of an LDO regulator
Chapter5 Precautions for use
- Usage considerations for LDO regulators